Cookies are classified according to origin, purpose, or expiration date. The cookies used by 1&1 serve different purposes; their validity periods vary.1. Origin
- First-party cookies: deposited and managed directly by 1&1.
- Third-party cookies: deposited and managed by partners to perform statistical analysis about how users navigate the 1&1 website. Of course, this analysis is performed completely anonymously.
- Technical cookies: ensure, among other things, smooth navigation on the website. In addition, they allow the use of certain tools with restricted access.
- Cookies for analysis and advertising purposes: allow statistics about website visitors to be collected, such as the number of visitors to different areas of the website, frequency of visits, or user behavior and habits. The navigation, services, offers, as well as interest-related use of advertising space can be improved. If you click on one of these advertising spaces, cookies can be placed. This is how we have the ability to create anonymous user profiles in order to provide interest-based advertising.
- Session cookies: these cookies collect and store data for the duration of the user's visit to the 1&1 website.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies collect and store data in the browser within a variable period of time, depending on the purpose.Special browser settings allow you to accept, block, or disable all or some cookies on your device. A corresponding manual of the most popular browsers can be found here:
- Internet Explorer
Even if your browser settings have been changed to block certain cookies, you can still access information from the entire 1&1 website. However, the operation or use of certain services offered by 1&1 may be limited.