Offers valid for a limited time only. Some prices reflect annual and multi-annual discounts. Other terms and conditions may apply. Click here full promotional offer details.
Rubik’s Cube® used by permission of Rubik’s Brand Ltd, www.rubiks.com
FAQ - Frequently asked questions about the topic:
When you look at our domain price list, you will see that some domains are cheaper than others. But why is a .com domain name cheaper than a .online domain? The answer is simple: there are different factors that determine the final retail price of a domain. One important factor is the registry price. 1&1 and the other domain hosting companies have to pay a fee per domain to registrars like VeriSign (.com/.net) or Nominet (.uk). These fees differ from registrar to registrar. That is one reason, why the old top level domain .com is cheaper than the new top level domain .online. Another reason is the demand of a domain extension, which can influence the price.
1&1 offers you a wide range of different domains. The most common domains are available at cheap prices. You will find generic top level domains (e.g. .com, .co.uk, .uk, .me.uk, .org...) and a lot of new top level domains as .london, .scot or .football.
Although 1&1 offers domains at a very competitive price level, it is of course completely safe to use them. You do not have to compromise on the security of your project in order to benefit from our cheap domain names. Once you have registered your domain, it is yours as long as you renew the contractand don't violate local law.
However, there are a few things to keep in mind,if you want to buy a cheap domain name:
- Don't try to register a domain name that is highly likely to violate the trademark or brand rights of someone else
- Register yourself as the owner of the domain name – of course, you can use private domain registration if you like.
- Check our guidelines for renewing your domain name every now and then
Additionally, there are a few ways to improve the security of the visitors coming to your website. One option is to buy an SSL certificate. With an SSL certificate, you guarantee privacy for your users, when they are exchanging sensitive information with your website. You find more information about our SSL certificate here.
Finding a low priced domain is simple. 1&1 offers you a wide range of different cheap domain extensions. You can find the full overview of domain prices here. Checking up if your favorite name is still available just takes a couple of steps.
1) Insert your domain name with the low priced domain extension of your choice into the domain checker at the top of the site and click on the check-button.
2) Seconds later, you will find outif your desired domain name is still available in combination with the cheap domain extension or if someone else was faster and has already registered the domain name. In this particular case, 1&1 offers you additional popular extensions at low costs.
The term premium domain refers to all domains which are already registered by another person or company who might currently not be interested in selling it. These domain names are usuallyshort, generic and thus easy to remember. Because of these characteristics, owners of such a premium domain can sometimes expect to make a lot of money when reselling them. Usually, premium domains are auctioned through marketplaces, like sedo.com and not very cheap to get your hands on.